The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 23 May, 2019Malcolm Wilkinson - the Rise and Fall of the Knights Templar
- Thursday, 30 May, 2019Pro. Neville Harris - Sir John Betjeman - Celebrating Middle Class
- Thursday, 6 June, 2019Jennifer Tindale - The History of the Rose
- Thursday, 13 June, 2019John Wright - Tynemouth Volunteer Life Brigade
- Thursday, 20 June, 2019Rev. Judith Oldroyd - Vietnam & Cambodia
- Thursday, 27 June, 2019Jed Parker - North East Towns
- Thursday, 4 July, 2019Eleanor George - The Bainbridges
- Thursday, 11 July, 2019Dr. Robert McManners - Mining Art, and the Bishop Auckland Gallery
- Thursday, 18 July, 2019Mike Kain - Electrical Energy and the Environment
- Thursday, 25 July, 2019Jarod Johnson - David Livingston
- Thursday, 1 August, 2019No meeting Summer Break
- Thursday, 8 August, 2019No Meeting Summer Break
- Thursday, 15 August, 2019No Meeting Summer Break
- Thursday, 22 August, 2019No Meeting Summer Break
- Thursday, 29 August, 2019No Meeting Summer Break