The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 24 January, 2019Rob Cunningham - Zulu Wars No 1
- Thursday, 31 January, 2019Rob Cunningham - Zulu Wars No 2
- Thursday, 7 February, 2019David Forrester - Protate Cancer UK
- Thursday, 14 February, 2019Alan Fidler - 1917 America enters the war, The N/E connection
- Thursday, 21 February, 2019John F. Burton - T.F. Club -Compilation of Films
- Thursday, 28 February, 2019Rev. George Brigham - On a Wing and a Prayer
- Thursday, 7 March, 2019Michael Matthews - War and Peace
- Thursday, 14 March, 2019John Gibson - Edwardian Light Musical Stage
- Thursday, 21 March, 2019Marion Anderson - Hidden Rivers of Newcastle
- Thursday, 28 March, 2019Ben Haddon - The 50's and my part in them
- Thursday, 4 April, 2019Fraser Lindsay - Aln Valley Railway
- Thursday, 11 April, 2019David Crockit - Darjeeling or Bust
- Thursday, 18 April, 2019Maundy Thursday - No Meeting