The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 22 March, 2018Robert Moon - Our Finest Hour
- Thursday, 29 March, 2018No Meeting Maundy Thursday
- Thursday, 5 April, 2018Jeff Bennett - Little Belgium's Great War
- Thursday, 12 April, 2018Margaret Bozic - The Lit & Phil
- Thursday, 19 April, 2018Tony Evens - They Danced, They Drank and Built a Resevoir
- Thursday, 26 April, 2018Prof. John Derry - Crisis to Victory
- Thursday, 3 May, 2018Ben Hadden - Ideas & Inventions
- Thursday, 10 May, 2018Barry Baker - Warburton's Bakery
- Thursday, 17 May, 2018Cyril Winskill - Historic Buildings their Use-Re-Use
- Thursday, 24 May, 2018Anthony Atkinson - Abraham Lincoln
- Thursday, 31 May, 2018Alan Morgan - Victorian Panorama Newcastle as it was in 1862
- Thursday, 7 June, 2018Graham Coult - Britain's Hidden Shop Signs
- Thursday, 14 June, 2018George Erdos - Israel a participations observers view
- Thursday, 21 June, 2018Ian Clough - Sweet Encounters
- Thursday, 28 June, 2018Ray Lowerie - Funny Bones and Wisdom Teeth