The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 28 March, 2019Ben Haddon - The 50's and my part in them
- Thursday, 4 April, 2019Fraser Lindsay - Aln Valley Railway
- Thursday, 11 April, 2019David Crockit - Darjeeling or Bust
- Thursday, 18 April, 2019Maundy Thursday - No Meeting
- Thursday, 25 April, 2019Margaret Bozic - Grandfather's First World War
- Thursday, 2 May, 2019Rev. Eva Walker - Life in Albania
- Thursday, 9 May, 2019Lt. Col. Jack Ashman - The Royal Marines
- Thursday, 16 May, 2019Kath Smith - Our Engineering Heritage
- Thursday, 23 May, 2019Malcolm Wilkinson - the Rise and Fall of the Knights Templar
- Thursday, 30 May, 2019Pro. Neville Harris - Sir John Betjeman - Celebrating Middle Class
- Thursday, 6 June, 2019Jennifer Tindale - The History of the Rose
- Thursday, 13 June, 2019John Wright - Tynemouth Volunteer Life Brigade
- Thursday, 20 June, 2019Rev. Judith Oldroyd - Vietnam & Cambodia
- Thursday, 27 June, 2019Jed Parker - North East Towns
- Thursday, 4 July, 2019Eleanor George - The Bainbridges