The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 9 April, 2020No Meeting - Maunday Thursday
- Thursday, 16 April, 2020Ben Haddon - The 60's and my part in them
- Thursday, 23 April, 2020Margaret Bozic - Ruth Dodds
- Thursday, 30 April, 2020Graham Soult - Historic Village of Spital Tongues
- Thursday, 7 May, 2020Alan Fidler - The British Army & Capital Punishment in W.W. 1
- Thursday, 14 May, 2020Malcolm Smith - Concord
- Thursday, 21 May, 2020Dr. Claire Nally - Witchcraft
- Thursday, 28 May, 2020Alan Ferguson - I Keep Hearing Voices
- Thursday, 4 June, 2020Geoff Hughes - Take me up the Tyne
- Thursday, 11 June, 2020Ray Lowry - Prescription Laughter
- Thursday, 18 June, 2020Eleanor George - Alexander Davidson
- Thursday, 25 June, 2020Doug Matthews - A World Like No Other
- Thursday, 2 July, 2020Christine Ogg & Sue Brophy - The Oregan Trail
- Thursday, 9 July, 2020Gillian Donnelly - Forensics
- Thursday, 16 July, 2020Laura Robinson - Marie urie Society