The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 26 July, 2018Barry Mead - Mining Memories
- Thursday, 2 August, 2018Summer break No meeting
- Thursday, 9 August, 2018Summer break No meeting
- Thursday, 16 August, 2018Summer break No meeting
- Thursday, 23 August, 2018Summer break No meeting
- Thursday, 30 August, 2018Summer break No meeting
- Thursday, 6 September, 2018David Faulkner - Newcastle Exhibition 1929
- Thursday, 13 September, 2018Dr. john Maurice Milne - Count Cagliosto
- Thursday, 20 September, 2018Cliff Pettit - Alnwick Freeman & the Dukes 1757 to date
- Thursday, 27 September, 2018Ernie Coulthard - Building the Bell Rock Lighthpouse
- Thursday, 4 October, 2018Dr John Sadler - Blood on the Wave
- Thursday, 11 October, 2018Wendy Stafford -A Scottish Soldier in Wellington's Army
- Thursday, 18 October, 2018Dr Peter Jones - What the Romans did fo Us
- Thursday, 25 October, 2018Rev. George Brigham - On a Wing and a Prayer
- Thursday, 1 November, 2018Ken Hutchinson - Wallsend Though Time