The Willow Club meets every Thursday morning except Maundy Thursday, the month of August and the Christmas/New Year period.
Meetings start promptly at 10.30 am with the singing of 3 verses from Samuel Johnson’s City of God. The chairman of the day opens the meeting and introduces the speaker. There is a refreshment break at 11.05 for coffee or tea, biscuits and a good chat, after which the speaker resumes. Usually there is time at the end for questions and discussion, and meetings close by 12.00 noon.
Talks cover a wide range of topics so that there are things in each programme to satisfy all interests and tastes, and formats range from talks to slide shows, digital presentations, films and live entertainments.
- Thursday, 21 December, 2017Christmas break
- Thursday, 28 December, 2017Christmas Break
- Thursday, 4 January, 2018Dr. Kath Smith - Bring back the Banner
- Thursday, 11 January, 2018Mel Wall - Long Range Desert Group
- Thursday, 18 January, 2018Rosemary Tarbit - Citizens Advice
- Thursday, 25 January, 2018Steven Brown - Ships Sunk off the N. E. Coast
- Thursday, 1 February, 2018Freda Thompson - The Bold the Brave and the Bad
- Thursday, 8 February, 2018Bill Saunders - The Coop movement
- Thursday, 15 February, 2018Richard Stevenson - The Great Fire of Gateshead
- Thursday, 22 February, 2018Dr John Maurice Milne - Count Cagliosto
- Thursday, 1 March, 2018Rv. Judith Aldroyd - Vietnam & Cambodia
- Thursday, 8 March, 2018Oliver Hill - Tax Care & Toy Boys (update)
- Thursday, 15 March, 2018John Gibson - The Lonely Queen of the North
- Thursday, 22 March, 2018Robert Moon - Our Finest Hour
- Thursday, 29 March, 2018No Meeting Maunday THursday